The NBA Foundation is offering two, $2,000.00 scholarships to assist students enrolled in broadcasting-related educational programs at four-year public or private colleges and universities. Students who meet the following eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply. Completed applications and all required materials must be received at the NBA office no later than March 1, 2021.
1) Applicant must be on track to complete 30 or more credits as of May 31, 2021; majoring in broadcasting, communications or a broadcasting-related field; at a four-year public or private college or university.
2) Applicant must have a Nebraska connection; having either graduated from a Nebraska high school OR be attending a four-year Nebraska college or university.
3) Applicant must be planning to pursue a career in radio or television broadcasting.
1) Applicant must complete the attached NBA Foundation EEO Scholarship Application Form.
2) Applicant must submit the following materials:
– Completed, typewritten application form (handwritten forms not accepted)
– Copy of current, official transcript
– Two, one-page recommendation letters supporting the application
– An original essay written by the applicant, answering: “Given the impact of social media and its relatively low production costs, how would you redesign the broadcast radio and/or TV industry to remain both relevant to the audience and economically viable?”
– Essay must be typewritten, double-spaced, and not exceed three pages in length
3) All applications and required materials must be received by March 1, 2021, at:
Attention: Jim Timm
11414 W. Center Rd., Suite 342
Omaha, NE 68144
Form may be computer-generated and photocopied. All information must be typewritten.