The World Health Organization has officially declared COVID-19 (Coronavirus) a global pandemic. We have created this page to keep you informed with up to date accurate information, closures, postponements and local resources.
What You Need To Know
- Information and guidance regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) that was first reported from Wuhan, China, on Dec 31, 2019. Please visit this page for daily updates.
- Basic Protective Measures
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider
- WHO COVID-19 Myth Busters
- What You Should Know, Situation Updates, Information and more.
- What to do if you are sick
- 15 Days to Slow the Spread
- What’s new, fast facts, FAQs, FDA’s role, medical countermeasures, press, statements, events and more
- Nebraska Medicine CEO, Dr. James Linder, explains the importance of limiting large gatherings
- Community resources, community exposures, and more.
- Information line: Douglas County Health Department’s COVID-19 Call Center: 402-444-3400 (available Monday-Friday 8:30a-4p)
- Overview, Nebraska Case Information, News Releases, Protect Yourself and Others, Take Action: Tools and Resources, Nebraska’s Response and more.
- Virtual Art Festival to take place June 6
Destination Closures and Restrictions
For the safety of our staff, clients and listeners, our business office is currently closed. If you have won a prize that is available for pick-up, you may choose to…
- Have it mailed. NRG Media and its stations are not responsible for lost or stolen mail, and cannot replace anything that is lost or stolen.
- Wait. Most events have been postponed to a later date. We are currently waiving the 30 day limit to pick up a prize.
- If you have any questions, you may call our business office at 402-342-2000 Monday-Friday between the hours of 9a-4p.
sdominick/iStock(KIEV) — A woman who was told she wouldn’t be served at a post office in Kiev, Ukraine without a face covering to protect against COVID-19 was able to get her errand done by using the closest thing she could find — her underwear. According to the U.K. website Metro, the woman can be seen on…read more »
iStock/ninjaMonkeyStudio (NEW YORK) — While the COVID-19 pandemic has sickened over 5.6 million people and killed more than 354,000 worldwide, in the U.S. death toll surpassed 100,000 on Wednesday, confirms Johns Hopkins University. According to data compiled by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University, it’s estimated that at least 100,396 people have…read more »
iStock/ninjaMonkeyStudio (NEW YORK) — While the COVID-19 pandemic has sickened over 5.6 million people and killed more than 356,000 worldwide, in the U.S. death toll surpassed 100,000 on Wednesday. According to data compiled by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University, it’s estimated that at least 100,442 people have died from COVID-19 in…read more »
iStock/doble-d(LOS ANGELES) — Google is already famous for its sprawling office spaces, which boast free three meals a day, gyms, and dry cleaning services, but with so many of its employees working from home because of the COVID-19 crisis, the search giant is bringing some perks home. According to a memo to employees from CEO of Google and…read more »
iStock/titoslack(NOTE CONTENT) Like many professions, the oldest profession has taken a hit amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Now a Swiss organization representing sex workers has outlined new safety protocols to keep employees and clients safe. According to the U.K. newspaper Daily Mail, in an effort to get the two-month-old COVID-19-related ban on brothels lifted, the association ProKoRe has outlined new…read more »